Melonhead could set the standard for future films from Ubstu

This is the place to discuss our movies. You can say anything you please about them. We also have a sticky that informs you about super important movie news including premieres and progress.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Melonhead could set the standard for future films from Ubstu

Postby TheStuboy » January 13th, 2006, 9:57 pm

With its quick pace and multi camera shooting style, Melonhead Vision, (IMHO) is quickly becoming the best movie to come out of Dorky Head Productions. The film runs just over 37 minutes, but seems like it is much quicker. This is a good thing. King Kong's only drawbacks were its long and uninteresting scenes, particularly in the first half hour. Melonhead Vision does not suffer from this problem. The film gets to the point, develops the characters, and leaves you satisfied in the space of 38 minutes. This could be compliments of the script but most likely its the story of the film that grants it's greatness. The script was designed for a multicam shoot and this is what you get. Also a big factor in the films success IS the closeness to the script, and the occasional improv. Stu Supremecy and World War III relied primarily on visuals and scripts at the time were not as important, and these films suffer as a result, but Melonhead Vision is a new breed of film all together. The DVD was specially designed for progressive scan TVs and DVD players, and this increase of quality may also be a plus. It is still compatable on any and all DVD players thanks to its 15+ hour encoding process. The DVD also took longer to encode than expected, running near 2 hours for ONE DVD. This is also a good sign for compatability

Melonhead Vision will hit DVD shelves by the end of this month, that is unless the postal service is gay as it has been.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » January 13th, 2006, 10:55 pm

UPDATE, the first successful copy of MHV has been burned tonight taking an hour and a half, and it works beautifully.

Guess what?

The progressive setting made this film LOOK LIKE A FILM. The frame rate isn't changed or anything, but the film actually looks like a film when played on my DVD player. Its amazing and I like it very much.

I will make more copies tomorrow but I'm going bowling right now.

Edit: The look reminds me of when they dump digital tape to film, for example, as in all of Michael Moore's films. It isn't distracting, it actually improves the feel of the movie.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Movie News