Ladysmith Black Mambazo - In Concert

All flatch all the time. For musicians and fans and Butthesda critics and engineers and nerds and for anyone who's ever wanted to make a loud noise by beating a mantha. No RIAA allowed.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Ladysmith Black Mambazo - In Concert

Postby Kaing of Kaings » February 23rd, 2008, 1:08 pm

Last night, my woman and I got to see Ladysmith Black Mambazo at NAU. You may remember these South Africans from Paul Simon's - Diamonds on the Souls of her Shoes song. Or you may remember them from that game show, Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego or the creamy lifesavers commercial. Or you may not be familiar with them at all.

Anyway, they came all the way from South Africa to do a concert for us. Actually they are touring the western United States and Flagstaff happened to be one of the stops. So what did we think?

These guys are pretty athletic. There are 9 members total and each has their own special karate chop move. They must all have martial arts training because while they sing, they can kick their legs high and do all sorts of funny moves. One guy kept on shaking his ass and some other guy ran up and touched his butt.

They can harmonize pretty well and add sound effects while they do it. The funniest part was when they invited some members of the audience up on stage during one of their songs and they were forcing them to do dorky dance moves. One involved holding a stretched out leg held by your arms which would have made me flatch since I had bad gas all day. I wanted to flatch where I was but there were people next to me that would have suffered. Anyway, the audience involvement part was pretty dorky.

Overall, I would have to say, I was entertained but not as much as I hoped. It didn't help that the theater was kind of hot and the seats were close together. It also didn't help that the girl in front of me had a huge head that blocked my view half the time. Anyway, 3 out of 4 stars. These guys have talent and they don't try to hide it...diamonds on the souls of her shoes say tananaaa tananaaa she's got diamonds on the souls of her shoes awak awak.

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Musical Flatch