The Police in Concert

All flatch all the time. For musicians and fans and Butthesda critics and engineers and nerds and for anyone who's ever wanted to make a loud noise by beating a mantha. No RIAA allowed.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

The Police in Concert

Postby Kaing of Kaings » June 19th, 2007, 9:50 pm

Yesterday night, we had the privilege of seeing one of my favorite bands growing up in the 80s. The band features, Sting, Andy Summers and Stewart Copeland. That Band is The POLICE.

We were driven down to Phoenix with some friends from work who were also interested in seeing The Police. So we ate at the TGI Fridays at the Baseballwarz stadium and then went to the concert. We had seats all the way at the top of the stadium and looking at the stage from the back at an angle. Luckily, I brought some binoculars and they had TV screens up and the concert was professionally filmed in Anti-Stuboyvision.

There was a rumor that Maroon 5 would be opening for the band but that turned out not to be true. Instead, Fictionplane opened for The Police. Fictionplane's lead singer is Sting's son, Joe Sumner (Sting's original name was Gordon Sumner). They were actually pretty cool and I wouldn't mind checking out their CD. They are the band I would like to see Coleflatch eventually become.

Anyway, Fictionplane left the stage all sweaty and musty and within 30 minutes, The Police walked out on stage and started rocking to Message in the Bottle. They then busted into some of their other popular songs like Synchronicity II and Don't Stand so Close to Me. There were a couple songs that I hadn't heard from them before. They must of been songs that weren't on the greatest hits.

They played for about 2 and a half hours and toward the end Andy Summers seemed like he was getting tired. Stewart Copeland was pretty cool on the drums and Sting rocked it out on the base. Man that guy has aged well. He still has the killer voice that makes The Police more stand out from the rest of them.

He played almost all of my favorite songs except Spirits in a Material World. The concert ended with two encores which included Every Breath You Take and some other song I hadn't heard before. The concert ended and I felt that my expectations were met unlike the Eric Clapton Concert. While the band is getting older they still know how to Rock. Who knows how long this will last though. Anyway, I give it 3.75 Stars out of 4. Not bad mind you...not bad.

Fictionplane...Could the Future of Coleflatch look like this? Only dorkier?

"De Do Do Do De Da Da Da is all I want to say to Stu."
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » June 19th, 2007, 11:39 pm

did they sing roxxxxxxxxxxxxannne?
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Return to Musical Flatch